8.12.2014

Hiatus

Summary of the dailies over the past few days:

1. Constant worrying over our pup who was hospitalized with a liver infection over the weekend. Not out of the woods yet, but he's keeping food down now, yet still lethargic and needing to urinate often. Still trying to figure out how this all started, but he's on a cocktail of antibiotics in the meantime. 

2. Keeping up with Lily. I'm absolutely spent after having Lily all to myself this past weekend. Without our pup around, I took advantage of being able to go on a drive up the coast to clear my mind. We passed our time hiding out in a record store to avoid a thunderstorm, eating our favorite food--grilled cheese (a "gourmet" food truck that left something to be desired), and frolicking on the beach with the other tourists. I could only hope I will be able to do this with her when she's a snarky teenager. 

3. I got a call to come into the local hospital tomorrow for an interview for a volunteer position. Suddenly, I'm left scrambling to edit my stagnant resume which hasn't been touched since before Lily was born, dig through my clothes to find any sort of professional attire that fits, and trying to remember why I am doing this. 

4. My bonus daily is receiving word that my best friend will be here in a matter of days for a quick visit. The world has felt so much lighter on my shoulders since hearing that. I don't know what I would do without her. 

Emerald Coast

No comments:

Post a Comment